October 9-10, 2019
University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries
Organized by the UGA College of Family and Consumer Sciences, the UGA New Materials Institute, and the Center for Sustainable Materials Science at North Dakota State University.
Discoveries, developments and commercialization of materials from renewables are in high demand due to the current global and economic trends aimed at sustainability and better protections for our environment.
ISMR 2019 is an ongoing series of international conferences, organized by North Dakota State University and the University of Georgia, designed to bring together professionals from academia, national laboratories, and industry research-and-development specialists. The meetings are focused on basic and applied aspects of monomers, polymers and polymer composites from renewable sources.
We hope you will join us for ISMR 2019 as we explore these impactful research efforts on synthesis, further characterization, processing, applications, and commercialization of materials from renewable sources.
- Gregg Beckham (National Renewable Energy Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy)
- Ramani Narayan (Michigan State University)
- Anil Netravali (Cornell University)
- Kelly Williams (Futamura, Inc.)
Confirmed Invited Lecturers
- Gajanan Bhat (University of Georgia)
- Blair Brettmann (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Peter Ciesielski (National Renewable Energy Laboratory, U.S. Department of Energy)
- Katrina Cornish (The Ohio State University)
- Sylvain Caillol [French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)]
- Eva Malström Jonsson (KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
- Justin Kennemur (Florida State University)
- Yunsang Kim (Mississippi State University)
- Zhiqun Lin (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Jason Locklin (University of Georgia)
- Igor Luzinov (Clemson University)
- Carson Meredith (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Stephen Miller (University of Florida)
- Giuseppe Palmese (Drexel University)
- Frédéric Peruch [French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)]
- Srikanth Pilla (Clemson University)
- Arthur Ragausakas (University of Tennessee—Knoxville)
- Paul S. Russo (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- David Salem (South Dakota School of Mines and Technology)
- Valentina Sessini (University of Alcalá, Spain)
- Suraj Sharma (University of Georgia)
- Meisha Shofner (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Mukund Sibi (North Dakota State University)
- Carsten Sievers (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Mohan Srinivasarao (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Alex Sidorenko (University of the Sciences)
- Natalie Stingelin (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Breeanna Urbanowicz (University of Georgia)
- Andriy Voronov (North Dakota State University)
- Rallming Yang (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Yiqi Yang (University of Nebraska—Lincoln)
Conference Registration and Hotel Accommodations
Click here for information about getting to Athens from the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, as well as for information about lodging, restaurants, and transportation once you are in Athens.
We have reserved a block of rooms at the Spring Hill Suites Athens Downtown/University location for the special group rate of USD$139 per night. You must reserve your room by Monday, September 16 to get this rate!
To register for your hotel room, click here.
To register for the conference, click here or click on the registration button at the top of this webpage.
The poster session will highlight student research projects. The student poster competition will feature the best posters with industry-sponsored awards.
Abstract submission guidelines
- The abstracts are due by September 9, 2019, and must be submitted to this email address: email@example.com.
- Submissions must be in the proper Word document format (no PDFs) and follow this abstract template design: Abstract Template- ISMR 2019.
- Poster dimensions are 48 inches wide X 36 inches high.
- Three Best Student Poster Awards will be recognized based on excellence, knowledge, and clarity of the poster and the presentation in discussion with judges. The winners will be awarded a certificate and a gift voucher.
Sergiy Minko, University of Georgia
Jason Locklin, University of Georgia
Crystal Leach, University of Georgia
Gajanan S. Bhat, University of Georgia
Suraj Sharma, University of Georgia
Breeanna Rae Urbanowicz, University of Georgia
Andriy Voronov, North Dakota State University
Dean C. Webster, North Dakota State University
Mukund P. Sibi, North Dakota State University
Sylvain Caillol, Institut Charles Gerhardt, France